Death Penalty Position Paragraph
Your task is to write a paragraph (maximum length of one page double spaced) that argues your position on the death penalty. In your argument, you must draw upon ethical theories, concepts, and reasoning to support your position.
- State whether or not the death penalty should be abolished and why.
- You must apply at least one ethical theory to support your position.
- You must explain what effects implementing your position regarding the death penalty would have on society.
The letter should be 1 page in length, double spaced, and free of grammatical errors.
It is not enough to name a theory; you must explain the theory and demonstrate how your position reflects the logic and reasoning of that theory.
Remember that theory is the “why” behind your beliefs.
Put your Assignment in a Word document. Save it in a location and with a name that will help your instructor identify the Assignment, the course, and you, the student.
When you are ready to submit it, click on the Dropbox and complete the steps below:
- Click the link that says Unit 6 Assignment Dropbox
- Click on Add Attachments
- Follow the steps listed to attach your Word document.
- To view your graded work, come back to the Assignments or go to the Gradebook after your instructor has evaluated it.
- Make sure that you save a copy of your submitted Assignment.