Guidelines for Final Research Paper
1. Topic needs to be approved.
2. The BODY of the paper should be 3-5 double-spaced, with one-inch margins on each side.
3. Follow the format in the MLA HANDBOOK FOR WRITERS OF RESEARCH PAPERS. You can also visit the MLA web site for help: www.mla.org.
4. Minimum of 2 sources. Please use journal/internet sites that are reliable and credible.
5. The final paper is worth 100 points, part of the grade will include a 2-3 minute in-class presentation. Please provide a PowerPoint or handout or poster as a visual for the class.
The following web sites may be helpful to get reliable information about a variety of conditions:
Mayo Clinic www.mayoclinic.com
American Diabetes Association www.diabetes.org
American Cancer Society www.cancer.org
American Heart Association www.americanheart.org
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics www.eatright.org
National Institute of Health: http://health.nih.gov/
American Medical Association www.ama-assn.org
Health Finder: http://www.healthfinder.gov/
World Health Organizatoin: http://www.who.int/en/
Family Doctor: http://familydoctor.org/familydoctor/en.html
There are other web sites that you can get to by using a general search engine and typing a key word to access your site of interest. Be sure to look for a .gov, .edu, or .org website as these sites use reliable sources of information.