The response to the essay question should be 200 words or more. Sources used must be identified by in-text citations and a reference page.
1. Consider the University’s P.R.I.C.E. Model of Success. You are designing a training program to help improve the relationship between supervisors and their subordinates. Which component(s) of the P.R.I.C.E. Model (Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Caring, and Engagement) would you integrate into the training design? Explain the rationale for your decision.
2. Conduct a web-search to locate a needs analysis model that is different than ADDIE. Summarize the two models and describe how they differ, and how they are similar. Provide a critical analysis of the differences and similarities by providing your opinion or evaluation of the model.
3. Consider the following scenario: You are about to administer a training program to a group of emergency dispatch operators. How would present the training material in a manner that facilitates retention? How would you facilitate transfer of learning to the job?
4. Review the different traditional training methods in chapter 6 of the text. Sort them into those that you think would be most useful in training employees on the technical aspect of the job and those that would be most beneficial in the social aspects of the job. Provide the rationale for your decisions.
5. According to the readings in chapter 2, what factors might interfere with a HRD manager’s ability to develop a strategic planning approach to training? How might these factors be overcome?