2. Question: Describe the cardiac cycle (include conduction, contraction, heart sounds and EKG information).
3. Question: Describe the factors that increase blood pressure (negative feedback involved in blood pressure regulation).
4. Question: Describe the responses involved in non-specific immunity.
5. Question: Describe cell-mediated immunity (antigen presentation, antigen recognition, activation and cellular response). Include both CD8 and CD4 T cells.
6. Question: Describe antibody-mediated immunity (antigen presentation, antigen recognition, activation and cellular response).
7. Question: Describe the events, pressures and muscles involved in inhalation and exhalation.
8. Question: Describe how breathing is regulated through the negative feedback control of PCO2, PO2 and pH.
1. Question: Explain the difference between nonspecific and specific defense and the role of lymphocytes in each of the immune response.
2. Question: Identify the major components of the lymphatic system and explain their functions.
3. Question: List the body’s nonspecific defenses, and explain the function of two of them, also describe the components and mechanisms.
4. Question: Discuss the types of T cells and the role played by each in the immune response, and explain the mechanisms of their activation.
5. Question: Describe the mechanisms of B cell activation and the differentiation of plasma cells and memory B cells.
6. Question: Describe the structure of an antibody, and discuss the types and functions of antibodies in body fluids and secretions.
7. Question: Identify the organs forming the respiratory passageway(s) in descending order until the alveoli are reached. Distinguish between conducting and respiratory zone structures.
8. Question: List several physical factors that influence pulmonary ventilation and list the various lung volumes and capacities.
9. Question: Describe how oxygen and carbon dioxide are transported in the blood.
10. Question: Compare the causes and consequences of such conditions as chronic bronchitis, emphysema, asthma, COPD, ‘black lung,’ and lung cancer.