Research: describe the impact the Moon has upon the Earth.
Include in your answer:
1. a theory of the origination of the Moon
2. the physical characteristics of the Moon: circumference, orbit around the Earth, does it rotate on an axis?
3. describe the phases of the moon as seen from Earth
4. describe the interactions between the Moon, Earth, and Sun
5. when and where are its effects on the Earth
6. provide an example of how the Moon plays a part in many religions of the Earth i.e. how do we determine the date of Easter in the western world.
7. finally, provide and retell a myth about the Moon i.e. ‘the Man in the Moon’ who was he?; or the cow jumped over the Moon how?
1. Cover sheet must include Geographer’s name, title of the paper, date, and course name (number). This page is not numbered.
2. Text begins at the top of page 1. Number all pages of the paper.
3. Paper must be at least 4 complete pages in length and no more than 7 pages.
One complete page = 22-23 lines of text.
4. Use 12 point font. All margins approximately 1.25 inches.
5. Double space all text. No extra spacing anywhere.
6. Paper must include an introduction and a conclusion/summary.
7. Paper must include two: maps or illustrations OR a combination.
8. Ending reference page must be clear and valid. Web cited references must include Title, Author, publication date in addition to web address. Wikipedia a good place to start, is not considered a reliable reference.
1. Follow paper requirements stated above.
2. Overall organization of the paper and the clarity in the presentation of the analysis. E.g., Introduction, conclusion, proper paragraph construction, good transition from one paragraph to the next.
3. Extent of thoughtful, insightful, and creative analyses.
4. Correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation.