RCM is a comprehensive approach that evaluates, improves, and manages all components in obtaining patient encounter information and applying it to ensure patient safety, while creating a simplified, integrated workflow designed to optimize and expedite reimbursement. Although the integrated, end-to-end, revenue-cycle process is at the core of the process-centered management model, its success depends upon four key components:
Search the Internet for information on medical billing. The following Web sites may be useful to begin your search:
- Jobs, skills, staffing, and structure;
- Information and information systems;
- Organizational alignment and accountability; and
- Performance measures and evaluation systems.
Construct a 2 page document in APA style with subheading and In text citation included as well.
- Detail the four components required for a successful health care RCM implementation.
- Identify how an RCM implementation for health care differs from a generic revenue management approach for a non-health care business.
- Describe the various types of staffing required for an RCM implementation.
- Explain the concept of organizational alignment and how it impacts cash flow.
- Describe procedures involved in measuring performance.