Summary Paper – Curriculum Evaluation and Assessment of Learning
Refer once again to the area of curriculum content you chose in Week 3 for the Problem of the Match assignment. Submit a summary paper responding to the criterion questions below from your textbook (p. 413) as you consider the curriculum evaluation and assessment of learning in this curriculum content.
- Are both formative and summative evaluation used to make judgments about the quality of the curriculum?
- Are appropriate assessments used to determine if the purposes and goals of the curriculum have been attained?
- Are assessments of learning meaningful and authentic for students?
- Are multiple, diverse forms of assessment used to determine what students know and are able to do?
- Do assessments of student learning require the active construction of meaning, not just recall of information?
- Is there a place for students to assess their own learning?