Please watch videos and read articles!
- Module AssessmentJournal Assignment # 3
This is a fun and entertaining topic. Have you ever considered how gullible you are? We tend to easily notice it in others but what about ourselves? Read the following articles and then discuss your own gullibility as well as that of one other person in your life. What can you do to be less gullible?
- Type the Journal in a Word document and save it all semester until you have completed the 10 assignments.
- Student writing is expected to be coherent, grammatically correct, and mechanically-sound. Points will be deducted for poor writing.
- All journal entries should be a minimum of 300 words in essay form.
- Video – The Science of PersuasionURL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFdCzN7RYbw
- Video – Video Games and the Male GazeURL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPOla9SEdXQ
- Video – Visual ArgumentsURL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCYf3J88EzA
- Video – Why people believe weird thingsURL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T_jwq9ph8k
- Video – The Psychology of AdvertisingURL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtvHNfomZL8
- Resource – Be Careful of These ScamsURL: https://www.scamwatch.gov.au/types-of-scams
- Video – Persuasive Techniques in AdvertisingURL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeCz5fy02JE
- Video – How To Evaluate a Truth ClaimURL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8etd-CwEEMA
- Video – The Hidden BrainURL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mpe6luA5Os
- Video – Do YOU Suffer From Self Deception?URL: https://www.ted.com/talks/michael_shermer_the_pattern_behind_self_deception?language=en
- Article – 7 Irrational Thoughts That Are Hurting YouURL: https://www.stevenaitchison.co.uk/7-irrational-thoughts-that-disrupt-your-life/
- Resource – More Articles by Michael ShermerURL: https://michaelshermer.com/sciam-columns/