- When you respond to a peer posting, you don’t always have to agree with them. Use your critical thinking skills and analyze their response, give more details or challenge their assumptions. Being a good student means using critical thinking!
- You will want to create discussion board assignments that are meaningful and interesting to you personally and to your colleagues in the class.
Textbook References: Clear references to the textbook are required in both the original thread post and both peer responses for all course DBs.
- Textbook references should come from the chapter(s) specified in the assignment prompt and be clearly connected to your post and the assignment topic.
- Be sure and include the chapter and page number from the textbook in your posts, for example (chapter 2, 59), just as you would do for any research paper/post!
DBs: You can earn a total of 15 points per discussion board: 10 points maximum for your original thread posting and 5 points maximum for your response to 2 or more other student’s postings:
- Original posts should be at least 500-600 wordstotal and have a least 1 textbook referencefrom each specified chapter. You will have 2 references per original DB post.
- Each of the two peer responses should be at least 150 words each in length and have a least 1 textbook reference from the specified chapter. You will have a textbook reference in each of your peer response posts.