EHR Adoption Challenges Presentation
Research the key issues and challenges healthcare organizations face when adopting Electronic Health Records and focus on the challenges related to interoperability, usability, and health IT safety. What are the drivers, policy, and technical components that achieve the desired outcome?
Create a video presentation using Screencast-o-matic, Zoom (Links to an external site.), or the application of your choice. The video should meet the following structural requirements: ( DO not create the video presentation since I will create the video, but you are required to complete the rest of the assignment which needs to be 8 to 9 slides in length not including the reference and cover slides)
- Be 4-5 minutes in length.
- Use slides/visuals formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA (Links to an external site.).
- Be 8-9 slides in length, not including the cover or reference slides.
- Provide support for your statements with in-text citations from a minimum of four (4) scholarly articles. Two (2) of these sources may be from the class readings, textbook, or lectures, but two (2) must be external. The CSU-Global Library is a good place to find these references.
- Presentation notes are required for each slide and should be put in the notes section to support the slide content. These can be part of the presentation or delivered as a separate document. If you opt for the former, be aware that the presentation cannot be submitted in PDF format, which does not make notes visible to the instructor. Presentation notes per slide needs to be 5-7 sentences.
- Provide support for your statements with APA citations and a References slide.
- Utilize the following headings to organize the content in your work:
- Title Slide,
- EHR Capabilities,
- Meaningful Use and MACRA,
- Legacy Systems,
- Adoption Barriers,
- Conclusion, and
- Upload your video presentation by sharing you link from Zoom or uploading to YouTube or a similar video repository and submit the link to the video to your instructor. ( I will do the video)
Review the grading rubric, which can be accessed from the module folder, for more details. Be sure to reach out to your instructor if you have questions about the assignment.