Choose 1 of the following biotechnology applications:
- in vitro fertilization
- DNA profiling
- Genetically modified organisms (GMOs)
- Gene therapy
In an APA-formatted report, research the topic that you have chosen, and answer the following questions:
- Explain how the process you have chosen meets the definition of biotechnology.
- Describe how the process is performed.
- Explain the uses of the application.
- Discuss at least 1 benefit, 1 drawback, and 1 risk of each of the processes.
- Elaborate on an ethical concern, such as leftover embryos, DNA privacy, or mandated vaccines.
Use the following guidelines for your report:
- Utilize at least 2 credible sources to support the arguments presented in the paper. Make sure you cite them appropriately within your paper and list the references in APA format on your Reference page.
- Your paper should be 2–3 pages in length, not counting the Title page, Abstract, and Reference page. In accordance with APA formatting requirements, it should be double-spaced and include a running head and page numbers.