Imagine that you are a teacher leader and you are a member of a committee with other teacher leaders. The superintendent has asked your committee to propose suggestions for the improvement of standards.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Compare and contrast learning organizations and learning communities. Choose the environment where you believe it is easier to improve standards and explain why.
- Determine how the traditional view of education creates an impact on today’s learning environments and standards.
- Evaluate the effects of standards on the quality of education.
- Determine your position on the involvement level of state and federal agencies in standards.
- Defend your opinion regarding the level of government involvement in school standards.
- Propose three (3) ways to find mutual ground with people of the opposition.
- Determine where your school district needs the most improvement in regard to:
- profound learning and propose a solution.
- superficial learning and propose a solution.
- content standards and propose a solution.
- performance standards and propose a solution.
- Include at least five (5) references (no more than five (5) years old) from material outside the textbook.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Identify similarities and differences between learning organizations and learning communities.
- Explain the traditional view of education and how it creates an impact on today’ s learning environments.
- Determine the various effects of standards on the quality of education.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in teacher leadership.
- Write clearly and concisely about teacher leadership using proper writing mechanics.