Unit IV Essay
Examining Exemplary Leaders in Managing Diversity
The purpose of this assignment is to examine the significance of authentic leadership commitment when managing
diversity. Begin by selecting ONE (1) of the past or present organization leaders listed below as the topic for your essay:
Ajay Banga, Mastercard
Kenneth Chenault, American Express
Carlos Ghosn, Nissan Motor Company
Indra Nooyi, PepsiCo
Meg Whitman, Hewlett Packard (HP)
For this assignment, write a minimum 750-word essay (approximately three pages). Incorporate at least three sources to
support the ideas you present in your essay. These sources may be drawn from the Unit Lesson or Required Reading, but
at least one of the three sources must be another article or e-book from the Waldorf Online Library, which you will locate
Include an introduction as well as the following elements in your essay. Please use headings that correspond to these
1. Leader’s Background: What is the professional background of this leader? Is there any personal information or
experience that led to his or her passion for managing diversity?
2. Former Status of Diversity in the Organization: Describe the status of the organization before the leader became a
part of the organization. What role did diversity play before this leader came on-board?
3. Leader’s Approach to Diversity and Inclusion: What is the leader’s perspective or philosophy on diversity
management? What were the diversity-related goals implemented by the leader? How does the leader put that
philosophy into practice, as his/her approach to diversity management? Which strategies did the leader
implement to transform the way in which the organization managed diversity?
4. Leader’s Diversity Management Outcomes: What is the current status of the organization, in terms of diversity
and inclusion? How did this leader impact the organization’s overall success?
5. Conclusion: Summarize the points you presented in your paper, and provide any concluding remarks.
Your paper should be in APA style, be sure to cite all your sources, and follow Waldorf’s Academic Integrity Policy.
Information about accessing the Blackboard Grading Rubric for this assignment is provided below.
Unit IV Essay