Answer the following questions, Be sure to number your answers, so they correspond to the questions.
Each answer to each question should be at least one paragraph. Answers may come from only two sources, your textbook and your mind. No work should be submitted from the Internet or other sources (no plagiarism)
- Explain, contrast, and evaluate the views of Freud and Nietzsche, on the rationality of religious belief.
- Explain, compare, and evaluate the views of Tolstoy and Kierkegaard, on the rationality of religious belief.
- Explain and evaluate Pascal’s Wager. Would belief based on such an argument get you into heaven?
- Explain and evaluate William Paley’s version of the design argument. Does the argument provide a rational basis for belief in some sort of creative intelligence behind the universe and life?
- Explain and evaluate the problem of evil.
- Compare and contrast the main tenets of Hinduism, Buddhism, and Taoism.
- Explain in detail the connection between the Tao, Ying, and Yang.
- Articulate how principles of Taoism serve as the foundation of the art of Feng Shui.
- Explain and evaluate the views of Sogyal Rinpoche regarding death and human activity in the modern world ( from the readings at the end of chapter 6).
- Consider and explain the evidence for reincarnation and the experience of other levels of reality presented in the chapter.