The California Chamber is a non-profit advocate for business in California (see http://www.calchamber.com/Pages/default.aspx). The Chamber closely monitors bills before the California legislature and every year produces a list of bills that (in the opinion of the Chamber) would harm economic and job growth in the state. Choose a law from the 2018 list (see:https://advocacy.calchamber.com/policy/bill-tracking/job-killers/2018-job-killers/), give a brief summary of the law and your opinion as to whether or not the bill should be on the “job killers” list. More points are given for responses that argue both sides of the issue.
Requirements of the assignment:
- All papers must use a minimum of 3 sources. The textbook is an acceptable source.
- All papers must follow all APA requirements. (10% deduction if not)
- Two Page Minimum and Maximum.
- Title page and reference pages are required. However, they do not count towards any page count.
- Writing should reflect an understanding of the chapter’s basic concepts, thorough research, and logic and critical thinking skills.
- The introduction is attention getting with sufficient background information to establish the topic and a clear thesis statement.
- The conclusion summarizes the main points and leaves the reader with a strong comprehension of the paper’s significance and the author’s understanding.
- Grammatically correct – No spelling, grammar, or mechanics errors.