This assessment requires you to visit the The Research Clinic:
You will click to play Jan Klein, RN. Work your way through the brief videos, choosing the best response as the RN assisting in research.
Upon completing the videos, you will submit a Word file that summarizes the essential elements of informed consent, special populations that require special legal and ethical research considerations, and the nurse’s role in advocating for the patient in research situations.
Your summary should be between 200-300 words. Provide a minimum of 2 references, in APA format, supporting your summary.
- Understand the history behind the development of Human Subjects Protection guidelines
- To identify and describe the three principles of ethical human subjects research identified in the Belmont Report
- To identify risks associated with participation in research and appropriate protections against risks, vulnerable populations that need specific protections, and situations in which research involving humans is exempt from regulatory requirements
- Identify the essential elements of an informed consent form
- Describe the nurse’s role as patient advocate in research situations
|Author||Geri LoBiondo-Wood; Judith Haber|
|Publisher||Elsevier – Health Sciences Division|
|Publication Date||July 26, 2017|