“Hi, Deborah. What’s up?” you ask.
“I’d like you to present to the advisory board next week,” Deborah says. “They are very curious about your findings and would like to know if globalization is a good opportunity for the company. The board wants to finalize their strategic plan, and this may be a key part of it.”
After you hang up, you begin thinking through the different items that you will need to cover.
As you finalize the marketing plan, complete the following:
- Is globalization a good move for the company?
- What is your rationale behind this decision? Synthesize analysis conducted in previous units, including strategic considerations, cultural considerations, competitive analysis and balanced scorecard.
- What geographic location should be a target for global expansion?
- What background information can you provide to support this decision?
- How will this decision support the overall goal of growth and expansion?
- How would you refute someone with the opposing perspective?
Tidbits of Wisdom : For this week, you will see how all of the research and analysis you conducted during Weeks 1 – 4 come together. Specifically, you will have the opportunity to apply your systems thinking, strategic thinking, and critical thinking skills when pulling all of your data together and presenting the results in the final paper. Make sure the data drives the global recommendation (for or against) FCF expanding into the selected country’s furniture market.