Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
- The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
- Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
- Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented; marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
- Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
- Late submission will NOT be accepted.
- Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
- All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
- Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
Knowledge Management (MGT-403)
Second Semester (2019-2020)
This Assignment is a mini project type assignment.
Assignment is to be submitted by each student individually.
Course Learning Outcomes-Covered
Implement knowledge management cycle processes in organization (Lo 2.2 & 2.5).
Apply elements of core knowledge and learning organization principles (Lo 2.1).
Identify and analyze challenges and issues pertaining to community of practice (Lo 2.7).
- All students are encouraged to use their own words.
- This assignment is individual assignment.
- Be very specific and focused on the issue while answering a question.
- Student must apply Saudi Electronic University academic writing standards and APA style guidelines and review at least three (3) scholarly, peer-reviewed journal articles to support their answer for each question or concept.
- A mark of zero will be given for any submission that includes copying from other resource without referencing it.
- No marks will be given for irrelevant details.
- It is strongly encouraged that you should submit all assignments into the safe assignment Originality Check prior to submitting it to your instructor for grading.
- If the assignment shows more than 25% plagiarism, the students would be graded zero.
Assignment Title: Knowledge management cycle process in organizations and significance communities of practice
Note: Each question/concept/ topic must be supported with peer reviewed journalreferences.
- Provide brief description about knowledge management processes in organizations. (1 Mark)
- Explain the concept of organizational learning and describe the link between individual and organizational leaning. (2 Marks)
- Describe role of organizational culture in knowledge management. (2 Marks)
- Describe the concept of community. Describe its key components. (1 Mark)
- Discuss how communities can be linked to organizational memory in order to foster organizational learning and innovation. (2 Marks)
- Highlight some of the key steps you would need to carry out in order to conduct social network analysis of an organization.What sort of questions could the social network analysis answer? (2 Marks)