The Background Paper puts you in the position of the leader of an organization. To determine how to move forward, you need to know the mission, goals, and current operations of your organization. You need to know how the pieces of the organization fit together. You also need to know the position of the organization in the global network. The Background Paper serves as the foundation for the Project as you gather key information that will guide you in your evaluation of transformational leadership in the organization.
This paper will explain the history of the organization and its role in the world today. The goal is to demonstrate that you have a firm understanding of the organization. The paper must be 750–1,000 words in length.
The Background Paper must include the following:
- A clear explanation of the history of the organization, including when it was created and how it has changed over time
- A clear narrative of changes in structure, management, and mission, if these are applicable
- A clear explanation of how the organization is structured, including a summary of the leadership framework
- A discussion of outside organizations with which it has established relationships
- Missoni, E., & Alesani, D. (2013). Management of international institutions and NGOs: Frameworks, practices and challenges. New York, NY: Routledge.
- Chapter 7, “The Evolution of Funding Policies and Their Impacts on International Institutions” (pp. 165–180)
- Chapter 8, “General Coordination of Responses to Crisis Situations” (pp. 181–202)
- Chapter 9, “Accessing Development Assistance Data and Statistics” (pp. 203–211)
- Whelan, C. (2011). Network dynamics and network effectiveness: A methodological framework for public sector networks in the field of national security. Australian Journal of Public Administration, 70(3), 275–286.
Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
- World Economic Forum. (n.d.b). Simple rule, complex problems [Video file]. Retrieved from https://www.weforum.org/agenda/archive/big-data/