Chapter 5 – study questions 1-9, Exercise 1
Chapter 6 – study questions 1-10, Exercise 6, & 7
(Information Systems for Business and Beyond)
The above assignments should be submitted in one-word document.
- What were the first four locations hooked up to the Internet (ARPANET)?
- What does the term packet mean?
- Which came first, the Internet or the World Wide Web?
- What was revolutionary about Web 2.0?
- What was the so-called killer app for the Internet?
- What does the term VoIP mean?
- What is a LAN?
- What is the difference between an intranet and an extranet?
- What is Metcalfe’s Law?
Exercise1: What is the difference between the Internet and the World Wide Web? Create at least three statements that identify the differences between the two.
- Briefly define each of the three members of the information security triad.
- What does the term authentication mean?
- What is multi-factor authentication?
- What is role-based access control?
- What is the purpose of encryption?
- What are two good examples of a complex password?
- What is pretexting?
- What are the components of a good backup plan?
- What is a firewall?
- What does the term physical security mean?
Exercie6: Find the information security policy at your place of employment or study. Is it a good policy? Does it meet the standards outlined in the chapter?
Exercie7: How diligent are you in keeping your own information secure? Review the steps listed in the chapter and comment on your security status