Week 5 Assignment 2
Click the link above to submit your assignment.
Assignment 2: Global Education Workshop, Part 1Due Week 5 and worth 120 points
This is Part 1 of a three-part assignment that organizes the creation and planning of an eight-hour (whole-day) workshop to orient educators, school leaders, and/or community members about the importance of global education in your area. You are the subject matter expert in this specific discipline who has conducted the research and attended formal training to enhance the school environment to more openly embrace the concept of global education. Keep in mind that the workshop you prepare may be pivotal in the adoption of global education in your work environment.
For Part 1, write a 4-6 page paper in which you:
- State the title and learning outcomes of the workshop.
- Determine the rationale for specific audience, context, and discipline.
- Propose a global education model for the workshop.
- Plan a draft outline and sequence of the workshop.
- Research three (3) available models and examples of global education.
Your assignment must:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explore the major approaches to global and multicultural education.
- Discover the international resources devoted to global education.
- Differentiate between global and multicultural education, and the relationship to leadership in K-12 settings.
- Evaluate the depth and breadth of research about global education.
- Develop the ability to critically review the existing practices in higher education on the global front.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in leadership in global education.
- Write clearly and concisely about leadership in global education using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic/organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.