In this assignment, you will choose a utilization review statistic from the following list and review a research paper or government publication, as outlined below.
Choose a health care statistic that health care managers would use, such as one of the following:
- Hospital-acquired condition (HAC)
- Emergency department visits
- Labor and delivery suite usage
- Ambulatory surgery procedures
- Hospital death rates
- Cesarean-section rate
- Wait time
- Adverse drug events
Research your chosen statistic, and provide information from an outside source—such as a journal article, accreditation agency report, government site, and so forth—that discusses the health care statistic in a real-life setting or situation.
Write a paper of 4–6 pages, not including the title page and reference page, in APA format that discusses the following:
- What was the reason for the research that was performed or for the data being collected?
- What was the source of the data presented?
- What types of descriptive statistics and graphical representations of data were used?
- What were the research question(s) and the significant findings of the article?
- How could the information presented be used to inform decisions or improvements?