- For answers to questions #1 and #2, answer all parts of each question in paragraph format. A recommended range for the total answer to each of these two questions is 400 to 500 words
- Question #3 is an essay question, and it is recommended to be a minimum of 500 words in length
- You must provide in-text citations for your sources using an endnote numbered format or APA style, and provide a list of references at the end of your final exam.
· For answers to questions #1 and #2, answer all parts of each question in paragraph format. A recommended range for the total answer to each of these two questions is 400 to 500 words
· Question #3 is an essay question, and it is recommended to be a minimum of 500 words in length
· You must provide in-text citations for your sources using an endnote numbered format or APA style, and provide a list of references at the end of your final exam.
NOTE: These content recommendations above are guidelines; you may provide your answers with more or less content than these word count estimates, within reason, as long as you are providing clear and complete answers and adequate evidence-based explanation. As a general rule, it is a good idea to meet the recommended minimum word count.
All answers must be submitted in document format, such as doc or docx; submitting all answers in a single document is recommended so that it is easier for me to evaluate and score in the rubric.
1. This question relates to the topic discussed in DISC #3: Media Influences on Gender Role Development. How does media and marketing towards children and/or their parents promote or negate the formation of gender schemas in childhood?
· Provide a comprehensive description on the pieces of media that you examined in your own investigations as well as the discussion that took place, including ideas about the relevant demographics being portrayed or marketed to (i.e. age range, gender, culture, socioeconomic status)
· Provide an analysis of the genderized messages that are being conveyed in each piece of media
· Furthermore, provide an evidence-based evaluation of the impact that these genderized messages can have on development. Be sure to relate this evaluation to concepts we have learned relating to development in early or middle childhood.
2. As previously discussed in DISC #4: The Impact of Social Media on Lifespan Development, social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter have set their minimum age of use at 13 years old.
· Evaluate the impact that social media use during adolescence and/or early adulthood can have on lifespan development. You should base your evaluation on the research that came up in the discussion, and apply at least two concepts that have been covered in class and/or the textbook.
· Based on your research, is 13 years old an appropriate minimum age of use? Explain why or why not. Once again, to be sure to ground your explanation in evidence-based research.
· Based on your evaluation, propose ideas for how the possible negative effects of social media use that you identified can be mitigated in teens and young adults.
3.This essay is based on your exploration of a topic of your own choosing that relates to sociocultural attitudes and expectations towards dating and partnership in adulthood. This topic was discussed in DISC #5: Adulthood, partnering and “settling down”. In order to meet the expectations for this essay, you must provide the following:
1. Introduce your topic and provide background information based on your research
2. Summarize your findings from the two interviews you conducted
3. Analyze and explain your findings; be sure to connect to at least one concept you have learned relating to lifespan psychology, particularly in the chapters relating to early or middle adulthood
4. Synthesize your research findings; in other words, what are the major “take-home” messages from your investigation?
To reiterate, you must include in-text citations and a list of references for all relevant sources in your above answers.