Final Topic Approval
Please post your proposed Final project topic here by the end of week 3.
The final Project is described below:
Marketing Plan VIDEO Presentation: worth 20% of final grade
Your final project is in lieu of a final exam and is worth 20% of your final grade. As such, the final project will assess your ability to synthesize the marketing principles by applying them to a health care organization. Your end product will be a brief overview of a marketing plan for your organization accompanying a video presentation using software called – screencast-o-matic. You are not expected to reach the level of authoring a professional, actionable, marketing plan, but you are expected to demonstrate an understanding and application of basic marketing principles.
Final Project Objectives
1. Understand impact of marketing environments on health services marketing strategy
2. Develop marketing objectives
3. Apply marketing concepts of segmenting, targeting and positioning a health services market
4. Describe a health services organization’s current marketing mix and suggest modifications based on marketing objectives
5. Identify measurements to access the marketing plan’s impact on the health services organization.
6. Demonstrate college-level research and writing skills commensurate with a 300-level course
Steps to completing a Successful Final Project webcam/video:
- Chose a specific health services organization. You can choose any health care organization that interests you. This can be because you work for the organization, would like to work for the organization, are a patient or client of the health services organization, or any other reason that will inspire you to examine the organization’s marketing efforts. Be sure you either are sufficiently knowledgeable about the organization or can gather information on the organization and its competitors. Since the focus in this course is on the health services patient/client, please do not chose health care insurance plans or pharmaceutical companies.
All of the following types of health care organizations are acceptable:
- Community hospital
- Academic hospital
- Specialty hospital
- Rehabilitation center
- Urgent care facility
- Physician practice
- Dental practice
- Home health care
- Imaging services
- Health advocacy organization
- Hospice care
- Medical equipment sales/rentals