Many of your customers and sales representatives have asked for a web-based on-line ordering system. Bering is reviewing the possibility and have asked you to review and make recommendations regarding the security of such a venture.
Specifically, your company’s Board of Directors has requested a detailed forward-looking plan with emphasis on securing your proposed web presence assets.
You need to consider the following:
- Securing the customer’s private information and their access to the customer database.
- Securing the company’s databases and proprietary information.
- Securing the company’s internal network from any outside vulnerabilities.
- Review current Information Technology of e-Commerce, including the techniques used to secure e-Commerce. Describe some of the drawbacks as they relate to security. Consider:
- What type of attacks need to be considered?
- How will you protect against them?
- What do you need to consider regarding malicious code?
This assignment focuses on attacks to a web-based network infrastructure: malicious code, social engineering, and intrusion prevention and protection.
For this project, create a design plan in which you:
- Summarize the advantages and disadvantages of creating a web based application with regard to security.
- Describe the techniques and technologies you would use to implement in order to mitigate these security challenges and explain why you chose these techniques and technologies.
- Describe the resources you would use for your organization in order to monitor and address Web application security threats.
- Analyze the internal security procedures and practices you will use to validate the security of your enterprise’s Web applications.
- Provide a brief Executive Summary of how your design is meeting the strategic goals of the company outlined in the Course Project Introduction, as applicable.
Notes on submission:
- Use at least three (3) quality resources as references in this assignment. Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources
- Use professional tone and vocabulary, APA format, and proper spelling and grammar.