2. Question: What is the action of urodilatin?
3. Question: What is the direct action of atrial natriuretic hormone?
4. Question: Which statement best describes a Schilling test?
5. Question: Hemolytic disease of the newborn (HDN) can occur if the mother:
6. Question: Which T-lymphocyte phenotype is the key determinant of childhood asthma?
7. Question: Perceived stress elicits an emotional, anticipatory response that begins where?
8. Question: Hypersensitivity is best defined as a(an):
9. Question: It has been determined that a tumor is in stage 2. What is the meaning of this finding?
10. Question: An infant has a loud, harsh, holosystolic murmur and systolic thrill that can be detected at the left lower sternal border that radiates to the neck. These clinical findings are consistent with which congenital heart defect?
11. Question: Which statement concerning exotoxins is true?
12. Question: The function of the foramen ovale in a fetus allows what to occur?
13. Question: Which laboratory test is considered adequate for an accurate and reliable diagnosis of gonococcal urethritis in a symptomatic man?
14. Question: Which manifestations of vasoocclusive crisis are associated with sickle cell disease (SCD) in infants?
15. Question: Which statement concerning benign tumors is true?
16. Question: Which primary characteristic is unique for the immune response?
17. Question: Which criterion is used to confirm a diagnosis of asthma in an 8-year-old child?
18. Question: Where are antibodies produced?
19. Question: How much urine accumulates in the bladder before the mechanoreceptors sense bladder fullness?
20. Question: Which disorder results in decreased erythrocytes and platelets with changes in leukocytes and has clinical manifestations of pallor, fatigue, petechiae, purpura, bleeding, and fever?
21. Question: Carcinoma in situ is characterized by which changes?
22. Question: What is the life span of platelets (in days)?
23. Question: What is the primary cause of respiratory distress syndrome (RDS) of the newborn?
24. Question: What is the life span of an erythrocyte (in days)?
25. Question: Low plasma albumin causes edema as a result of a reduction in which pressure?
26. Question: Which blood cell type is elevated at birth but decreases to adult levels during the first year of life?
27. Question: Which organ is stimulated during the alarm phase of the general adaptation syndrome (GAS)?
28. Question: Phagocytosis involves neutrophils actively attacking, engulfing, and destroying which microorganisms?
29. Question: What part of the kidney controls renal blood flow, glomerular filtration, and renin secretion?
30. Question: The risk for respiratory distress syndrome (RDS) decreases for premature infants when they are born between how many weeks of gestation?
31. Question: What is the functional unit of the kidney called?
32. Question: Which hepatitis virus is known to be sexually transmitted?
33. Question: Which statement is true concerning the IgM?
34. Question: Apoptosis is a(an):
35. Question: What are the abnormalities in cytokines found in children with cystic fibrosis (CF)?
36. Question: Research supports the premise that exercise has a probable impact on reducing the risk of which cancer?
37. Question: Why is nasal congestion a serious threat to young infants?
38. Question: Between which months of age does sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) most often occur?
39. Question: In which primary immune deficiency is there a partial-to-complete absence of T-cell immunity?
40. Question: Blood vessels of the kidneys are innervated by the:
41. Question: An individual is more susceptible to infections of mucous membranes when he or she has a seriously low level of which immunoglobulin antibody?
42. Question: Which term is used to identify the movement of gas and air into and out of the lungs?
43. Question: What is the first stage in the infectious process?
44. Question: What process allows the kidney to respond to an increase in workload?
45. Question: Which congenital heart defects occur in trisomy 13, trisomy 18, and Down syndrome?
46. Question: What is the trigone?
47. Question: The coronary ostia are located in the:
48. Question: What is the chief predisposing factor for respiratory distress syndrome (RDS) of the newborn?
49. Question: The most common site of metastasis for a patient diagnosed with prostate cancer is which location?
50. Question: Which of the following is classified as a megaloblastic anemia?
51. Question: The glomerular filtration rate is directly related to which factor?
52. Question: In a normal, nonmutant state, an oncogene is referred to as a:
53. Question: What is the most common cause of iron deficiency anemia (IDA)?
54. Question: What effect do natriuretic peptides have during heart failure when the heart dilates?
55. Question: What is the major concern regarding the treatment of gonococci infections?
56. Question: Immunoglobulin E (IgE) is associated with which type of hypersensitivity reaction?
57. Question: Which cytokines initiate the production of corticotropin-releasing hormone (CRH)?
58. Question: What is the primary site for uncomplicated local gonococci infections in men?
59. Question: Continuous increases in left ventricular filing pressures result in which disorder?
60. Question: Where in the respiratory tract do the majority of foreign objects aspirated by children finally lodge?