Climate change is a complex issue that has a variety of effects.
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper describing the effects of climate change. Include the following:
- An explanation of the greenhouse effect, including the role of greenhouse gases in keeping Earth a habitable temperature
- An explanation of why scientists think that humans are causing global climate change
- A description of three major effects of climate change
- An explanation of how climate change affects different areas of the world
- A description of how the area you live in is affected by climate change
Include at least three references in addition to the text, formatted consistent with APA guidelines.
Air Pollution Worksheet
Answer each of the following questions in 150 to 200 words using the textbooks, the University Library, or other resources.
1. Identify three major air pollutants and describe their effects on human health and the environment.
2. Explain how thermal inversions contribute to increased pollution concentration.
3. Explain how catalytic converters, Corporate Average Fuel Efficiency (CAFE) standards, and ethanol reduced air polluting emissions from vehicles.
4. Identify the two major pollutants that contribute to acid rain. What are the effects of acid rain on buildings, plants, and aquatic systems? How have the National Appliance Energy Conservation Act of 1987, the Clean Air Act Amendments of 1990, and the Air Quality Accord helped reduce acid deposition?
5. Explain why stratospheric ozone is important while ground-level ozone is considered a pollutant. What is the role of CFCs in stratospheric ozone depletion? What was the worldwide reaction once the connection between CFCs and ozone depletion was well understood?
6. Explain the difference between renewable and nonrenewable energy resources. Choose a nonrenewable energy resource and explain economic and environmental costs and benefits to using this resource. Choose a renewable energy resource and explain economic and environmental costs and benefits of using this resource.