For this assignment, you will use the case study you selected from your Week 1 assignment.
- Case Study (General and Applied Psychology): The staff at a large mental health clinic has noticed that patients age 35 and older respond well to calls regarding follow-up appointments and medication reminders. However, patients younger than 35 have a much lower response rate to phone call reminders. They do not answer calls and do not often respond to voice mail requesting they call the clinic back; they are more likely to respond to text messages or social media outreach. The result is that many follow-up appointments are missed and patients do not take their medication as directed. Missed medication and appointments result in poor quality of mental health for patients, and missed appointments result in added costs for the clinic. The approximate number of patients on the telephone recall list is 1,500, and 60% are above 35 years of age.
- Write a 525- to 700-word paper that addresses the following items:
- Write 5 to 8 questions that align with your research question that you would use to gather information from the participants via interviews, surveys, or focus groups.
- Regarding the sample population:
- What are the characteristics of your ideal sample population?
- How would you determine who is part of your sample?
- How large will your sample be?
- How would you avoid bias in your sample?
- Why do you think this would be the most appropriate sample for your situation?
Format your paper according to APA guidelines.
Submit your assignment.