In 2-3 sentences answer the questions below. These are all big questions found in HIST 105 lecture, please use your notes for answers.
Big Question Assignment
- Who were the First Americans?
- What factors motivated the Portuguese, Spanish, French and Dutch exploration of the new world?
- Why were Europeans successful in dominating the natives they encountered?
- What was England’s motivation for exploring the New World?
- How were those motivations similar to or different from those of other European Countries?
- How was English Settlement Distinctive in different regions of the North American colonies?
- How was slavery established and practiced in England’s North American colonies?
- How and why did colonists sense of identity change before 1764?
- Did the American Revolution preserve the social order or change it?
- How and why did the colonists win the War for Independence?