Part 1: Review the initial Treatment Plan submitted in Topic 5.
- Reassess your treatment plan diagnoses, goals, and objectives based on the new information provided.
- Fill out and submit a new treatment plan evidencing the changes made in treatment utilizing the treatment plan template provided.
Part 2: In a 1,000-1,250-word essay, answer the questions presented in a separate Word document, addressing the following:
- Examine the case and propose why the changes occurred.
- Reassess the effectiveness and validity of the treatment plan.
- Discuss how the treatment plan needs to be adjusted to address the changes in the situation.
- Justify the changes both ethically and legally.
- Determine what the changes (obstacles) mean to the treatment plan.
- Discuss how you would evaluate the resources available for you to make a referral.
- Discuss how you would communicate to the client the need for referrals to other providers.
- Determine which referrals you would make and which you might suggest to the client.
- Include any instruments you would use to assess the client.
Submit the revised treatment plan and essay to your instructor.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
This assignment meets the following NASAC Standards:
48) Reassess the treatment plan at regular intervals, and/or when indicated by changing circumstances.
50) Continuously assess and evaluate referral resources to determine their appropriateness.
51) Differentiate between situations in which it is most appropriate for the client to self-refer to a resource, and instances requiring counselor referral.
62) Summarize the client’s background, treatment plan, recovery progress, and problems inhibiting progress for the purpose of assuring quality of care, gaining feedback, and planning changes in the course of treatment.
67) Maintain ongoing contact with the client, and involved significant others, to ensure adherence to the treatment plan.
69) Assess treatment/recovery progress and, in consultation with the client and significant others, make appropriate changes to the treatment plan to ensure progress toward treatment objectives.
71) Apply generally accepted measures of treatment outcome.
72) Utilize referral skills, as described in Section 3.
77) Facilitate the client’s engagement in the treatment/recovery process.
78) Work with the client to establish realistic, achievable goals consistent with achieving and maintaining recovery.
112) Prepare and record treatment and continuing care plans that are consistent with agency standards and comply with applicable administrative rules.
113) Record progress of the client in relation to treatment goals and objectives.
115) Document the treatment outcome, using accepted methods and instruments