Three days into a voyage on a cruise ship 50 people developed fever, vomiting, and diarrhea. It was determined that all 50 of them attended a banquet the night before the onset of symptoms. You decide to take your team to investigate this sudden onset of illness among 50 people.
Answer the following questions about your investigation:
- How would you establish the existence of an outbreak?
- What are steps or measures you will take to verify the diagnosis?
- What will be your working case definition?
- How will you find cases systematically and record information?
- How will you communicate your findings of the investigations to the authorities and media?
Your paper should:
- be 1-2 pages in length.
- properly cite research sources.
- be free of spelling and grammar errors.