***Before you begin, please review the scenario in 1.6 Final Project Review. ***
Please follow the procedures here to guide you.
- Write Article 1 of your Constitution. It should contain the following five sections of information:
- a description of how the legislative branch would be structured
- a description of the qualifications of each member of the legislative branch and how they would be chosen.
- a description of the term of office of each member.
- an elaboration of how the pay or compensation of a legislative member would be determined.
- an elaboration of the powers and duties of the legislative branch.
- Below are a few guiding questions to help you write Article 1 of your Constitution:
- How would the legislative branch of your government be structured? One house? Two houses? If two or more, what do you call each house?
- How would the members be chosen? What is the term of office of a member of the legislative branch? If your government has two houses, how would each house be chosen? What is the term of office for a member of either house?
- How is the pay or compensation of the members be determined?
- What are the powers and duties of the legislative branch of your government?
- Along with your Article 1, please write a paragraph explaining why you choose the kind of structure for the legislative branch of your new nation. Discuss also how your legislative branch is different or similar to the legislative branch of the United States by comparing the Article 1 of your Constitution to Article 1 of the US Constitution.
- Lastly, please provide at least two sources from the Internet where you obtained your information. Name the websites and the website addresses.
- Submit your completed Article 1 in a word document (Microsoft Word, Open Office, PDF, or Google Docs) including the paragraph as described in No. 3 of this instruction, and your sources.